قام 435 شخص بالتقدم الى الوظيفة
Career Guidance Senior Specialist "خبرة في الجامعات"
Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC)
To contribute in developing and maintaining a successful career guidance system for students across all public schools in the Emirate. To work with outsourced vendors in providing career guidance to students, support their educational requirements while supporting the labour market needs ensuring a variety of study programs are in place to meet the needs of students across the Emirate.
- Provide informal professional and technical guidance to Specialists and review their work for accuracy/quality as required;
- Assist the Section Manager to develop a career guidance and counseling strategy for students in ADEC schools, which is based on best international practice and which is aligned to Abu Dhabi’s economic vision 2030, in coordination with the P-12 Policy Sector;
- Design, develop and maintain an career guidance and counseling system to assist students in Grades 10, 11 and 12 (of public schools in the Emirate) and their parents to understand the range of career opportunities available in the UAE and to help them make informed career decisions which are aligned to their interests and talents and the opportunities available within the Abu Dhabi Emirate and the UAE;
- Assist in the development of a portal or online service information point to help students and their parents map a pathway for a successful career;
- Develop information packages, electronic and hard copy, relevant to the range of career opportunities available within the UAE and the higher education and Technical and Professional Education pathways to access those opportunities;
- Work with the Curriculum Division, schools and outside organisations careers to develop appropriate education promotion programs to create awareness amongst students and their parents about careers and the education and training pathways required;
- Liaise with career counseling agencies, review their capabilities and provide recommendations to the Section Manager for funding such agencies and sponsor career counseling initiatives accordingly;
- Ensure, in coordination with the Higher Education and Technical & Professional Education Sectors, that information about careers and their study pathways that is provided to students and their parents is regularly updated;
- Work with the Section Manager to establish partnerships with industry and specialized career counseling agencies (in coordination with the Contracts Section) aimed at improving the quality of information and guidance available to students and providing access to programs which give students first hand experiences or career taster opportunities within industry;
- Liaise with Student Guidance Specialists in other Sectors (e.g. TaPE and HE) to deliver career guidance sessions in particular to students in final year of secondary school education to provide detailed information on possible academic options and career paths;
- Monitor career guidance service delivery by obtaining feedback from students (via surveys administered by the Customer Service Division), analyze the feedback and develop action plans to incorporate relevant feedback regarding improvement of services;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, education or related discipline.
- Nationals: 2 years' experience in the higher education sector;
- Demonstrated skill in student counseling.
- Knowledge and understanding of career guidance in key benchmarked countries
- Knowledge of local and international labour market trends
- Knowledge of Labour Market Needs
- Proactive Decision Making Skills
- Information Communication Skills
Business, Education or any Related Major .
- منطقة الوظيفة: أبوظبي, الإمارات
- قطاع الشركة: تعليم/تدريب/مكتبات
- المتطلبات : صاحب عمل (القطاع العام)
- الدور الوظيفي: التعليم/التدريب
- الحالة الوظيفية: دوام كامل
- نوع التوظيف: دوام كامل
- يتطلب إدارة موظفين آخرين: لا
- عدد الوظائف الشاغرة: 1
- المستوى المهني: متوسط الخبرة
- عدد سنوات الخبرة: الحد الأدنى: 2
- منطقة الإقامة: أبوظبي, الإمارات العربية المتحدة
- الجنسية: الإمارات العربية المتحدة
- الشهادة: بكالوريوس
The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) was set up in September 2005 by His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahayan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The Abu Dhabi Education Council is an independent corporate body and enjoys full legal status, as well as financial and administrative independence in all its affairs. ADEC has embarked on a campaign to aggressively increase its headcount to be able to better serve the its mandate. The primary focus of the council is to develop education and educational institutions in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The education council is currently seeking qualified and motivated individuals to be part of this exciting opportunity to shape the educational system in Abu Dhabi. The council offers great positions to work in a dynamic and energetic organization that addresses areas that are of strategic importance to the future of Abu Dhabi. It is especially advantageous to join ADEC in these early stages due to the great growth opportunities.