قام 2053 شخص بالتقدم الى الوظيفة
English Teacher (Native English Speakers ONLY)
Institute of Applied Technology
English teachers (to teach Grades 6,7, 8 9, 10, 11 and 12) for our student-centered, project-based curriculum. As an English Teacher employed within the IAT, you will teach classes to UAE National students who need a solid foundation in English, which they will use to develop their vocational skills. You will work in a technologically advanced environment as part of a team of faculty members to coordinate assignments and projects in the students chosen discipline. Preference will be given to Native speaker applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare course materials, homework assignments and handouts.
• Assess students’ coursework.
• Communicate information on progress and performance to students and relevant people.
• Maintain student attendance records, transcripts and any other student records.
• Organise, accompany and supervise students on field trips where required.
• Maintain a teaching log and compile a course team report at the end of each semester.
• Liaise with the LRC in order to promote student development through the use of technology-based learning.
• Proactively assess the potential for new technologies and its suitability in higher education and its mission to meet the demands of the market place.
• Contribute to the planning, evaluation and revision of curricula, course content and methods of instruction.
• Participate in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs.
• Be available to travel to any IAT location for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
• Participate in student recruitment, registration and placement activities.
• Participate in campus and community events.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a English Literature or Applied Linguistics. Master degree preferred
• PGCE, CELTA or other equivalent teaching certification.
• Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at high school level.
• Experience in the Middle East an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Student centered.
• Culturally sensitive.
• Values collaboration, teamwork and self;
• Encourages ethical behavior;
• Facilitates life-long learning; and
• Utilises technology.
Bachelor's degree in English.
- منطقة الوظيفة: أبوظبي, الإمارات
- قطاع الشركة: تعليم/تدريب/مكتبات
- المتطلبات : صاحب عمل (القطاع العام)
- الدور الوظيفي: التعليم/التدريب
- الحالة الوظيفية: دوام كامل
- نوع التوظيف: دوام كامل
- عدد الوظائف الشاغرة: 1
- المستوى المهني: متوسط الخبرة
- عدد سنوات الخبرة: الحد الأدنى: 2
- الجنسية: استراليا; كندا; أيرلندا; نيو زيلندا; المملكة المتحدة; الولايات المتحدة; جنوب أفريقيا
- الشهادة: بكالوريوس
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers career-based technical education at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT’s aim is to meet the industrial and technical challenges and requirements that will allow UAE national students to move on to higher education and pursue their careers in the higher technologies. The IAT, with its campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah and Al Shahama, encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, logistics, nursing and vocational training.
The Institute is government funded, founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence.
The teaching medium and mode of communication across the organization is English.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.