قام 296 شخص بالتقدم الى الوظيفة
Lecturer-Emergency Health ( Paramedic) for the Fatima College of Health Sciences
Institute of Applied Technology
Fatima College of Health Sciences (FCHS) is an educational entity governed by the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT). Founded in 2006, FCHS has become established as a leading health education provider in the UAE .
FCHS has a community of over 100 staff, almost 1000 students. Approximately 50% of these staff members are academic staff.
The Emergency Health Program is the Colleges’ newest program .
The Bachelor of Emergency Health (Paramedic) BEH(P) degree provides the graduate with practical skills and knowledge required of an emergency medical technician (Advanced Paramedic) at a beginning practitioner level .
The Lecturer is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the College and to carry out activities to develop and maintain scholarly and professional activities relevant to the Emergency Health and Paramedics discipline.
This position report to the Head, Emergency Health programs, and is based at the Abu Dhabi campus.
Key result areas and responsibility
FCHS academics are expected to make a solid contribution to teaching and learning within the program and to inspire and motivate students to learn through effective communication. Academics should have a sound grasp of their subject matter and the development of assessment tasks and activities that foster intellectual independence
As an academic staff member, specific duties are assigned in line with the colleges’ categories of employment for academic staff.
Academic staff duties will have an emphasis on:
• a developing record in the dissemination of peer-reviewed disciplinary or educational innovations,
• taking an active role and engage in individual or collaborative projects,
• playing a role in curriculum design and review at college or program level,
• engaging in the effective collaborative design or implementation of cross-program or cross-campus teaching activities or projects,
• undertaking a range of activities that contribute to maintaining currency with the discipline and with learning and teaching innovation; and
• having some involvement in Honours and (where appropriate) Research Higher Degree supervision would normally be expected.
Academic staff will demonstrate efficient performance in allocated roles and undertake active external contributions to the profession and the community, especially those related to learning and teaching.
Qualification & Experience required
Minimum a Master degree in Paramedic/relevant field
3 (three) years teaching experience and more than 5 (five) years of total professional experience ( clinical & teaching).
Specific duties required of an academic staff may include
• the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions and clinical sessions;
• development of teaching material;
• acting as unit coordinators;
• the preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars;
• supervision of the program of study of honours students or of postgraduate students engaged in course work;
• supervision of major hounours or postgraduate research projects;
• the conduct of research;
• involvement in professional activity;
• marking and assessment;
• consultation with students;
• a range of administrative functions the majority of which are connected with the units of study in which the academic teaches; and
• attendance at program, campus or college meetings and/or membership of committees.
Academics with qualifications as a paramedic or relevant health discipline may be required to maintain professional registration of clinical currency if relevant to the position.
- منطقة الوظيفة: أبوظبي, الإمارات
- قطاع الشركة: تعليم/تدريب/مكتبات
- المتطلبات : صاحب عمل (القطاع العام)
- الدور الوظيفي: التعليم/التدريب
- عدد الوظائف الشاغرة: 1
- المستوى المهني: متوسط الخبرة
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers career-based technical education at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT’s aim is to meet the industrial and technical challenges and requirements that will allow UAE national students to move on to higher education and pursue their careers in the higher technologies. The IAT, with its campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah and Al Shahama, encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, logistics, nursing and vocational training.
The Institute is government funded, founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence.
The teaching medium and mode of communication across the organization is English.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.