199 People have applied
Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Medical Lab Technician
Basic Function: Within the mission, vision and values of the Al Mafraq Hospital, supervises all aspects of a service in the Laboratory as defined in the organizational chart and to ensure that standards and quality are met efficiently according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). 3. Principal
1 Performs duties in accordance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and Al Mafraq Hospital Laboratory Standards.
2 Performs duties in compliance with Hospital policies and safety standards.
3 Performs day-to-day bench duties in the assigned section in accordance with the established SOPs.
4 Performs and documents equipment function and preventive maintenance.
5 Assists in the training of Med Tech students, new staff, medical students and pathology residents.
6 Participates in the continuing medical education (CME) activities.
7 Performs a variety of procedures using established laboratory techniques on both manual and automated equipment.
8 Performs and documents all required QC.
9 Performs any work-related clerical duties.
10 Maintains all records according to policy/procedure.
11 Monitors quality assurance.
12 Performs EQA proficiency surveys and other proficiency surveys as applicable.
13 Performs other duties as directed or assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited course resulting in being awarded a diploma or certificate as a Laboratory Technician from an accredited program or equivalent of Not less than 2 years duration.
- Current National License.
- Must pass HAAD Licensing exam.
- Not less than 2 years experience in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Healthcare, other
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Medical
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Career Level: Entry Level
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Certification / diploma