154 People have applied
Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Abu Dhabi Ship Building
1. To maintain, improve and strengthen safety department specifically in the health and safety aspect in accordance with standard.
2. Responsible for the facilities in the area where he is assigned by Senior Safety Officer.
3. Conducting safety induction for new recruits.
4. Report all the deficiency, damage or breach of safety to concerned Dept. Foreman / Supervisor & Superintendent.
5. Responsible to issue all the hot work permit / cold work permit & confined space entry permit on the vessels & inside the yard.
6. Keeping a record of permits issued on each day which is to be forwarded to Senior Safety Officer.
7. Inspection of scaffolding (fixed / mobile) for approval & weekly inspection with report submission.
8. Take part in monthly safety walk around in the yard with different department facilities and reporting the short comings for betterment of safety.
9. Take part in camp inspection (internal & external) and reporting the fire & safety related findings.
10. Take part in warehouse inspection (internal & external) and reporting the fire & safety related findings.
11. Leak test for cylinder valves and connections with report submission.
12. Safety inspection of vessels under repair, refit and under construction with report submission.
13. Accident investigation to find out the root cause of the incident and reporting.
14. Safety inspection of sub-contractors in the yard to ensure safe work practice is being carried out.
15. Conduct internal audit of the vessel in the yard and report filing.
16. Conduct toolbox talk meeting to enhance safety awareness among the employees.
17. Conveying the points of risk assessment it to the work force through Foremen / Supervisors.
18. Inspection of sea trial procedure to make sure the safety aspects are being followed and in place.
19. Safety inspection of machinery to be done and report to be generated.
20. Container inspection in the yard and report submitting.
21. Noise inspection to be done with report submission.
22. Preparation of monthly HSE inspection summary.
23. Eye wash station inspection according to the checklist for ensuring its performance.
1. Good communication skills.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices of occupational safety.
3. Knowledge of local laws and regulations governing safety procedures and policies.
4. Skill in interpreting and applying local safety laws and regulations.
5. Skill in investigating and analyzing accidents and their causes.
The establishment of Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) was in line with the vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed to have a world-class facility in Abu Dhabi to support the UAE Navy. Inaugurated in 1996, ADSB initially focused on naval repairs and refits and gradually expanded its expertise to include building sophisticated war ships like the Baynunah 70m Corvette.
ADSB now specializes in the construction, repair and refit of Naval, Military and Commercial vessels.
Abu Dhabi Ship Building is committed to delivering excellent value to our regional customers by building ships and providing through life support services that are recognized for their quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
Become a valuable strategic asset in the Gulf Cooperation Council by being the dominant regional builder and integrator of military / paramilitary vessels and the premier provider of through-life support services for their fleets.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Manufacturing
- Company Type: Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role: Safety
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 5
- Degree: Diploma